An old illustration of the handcar and some of its statistics, as it was once available through the Kalamazoo Manufacturing Company's Catalog.
The company famous for its railroad handcars was originally founded in 1883, as the Kalamazoo Railroad Velocipede and Car Company. In 1901, the company would change its name it to the Kalamazoo Railway Supply Company. The name remained until the early 1950's, when it was finally renamed the Kalamazoo Manufacturing Company, due to the growth in the company's non-railroad related business.
© Kalamazoo Manufacturing Company, Kalamazoo, MI.