After its restoration, Engine No. 4 was named for Ernest S. Marsh, President of the Atchison, Topeka & Sante Fe Railway from 1957 to 1966. In 1958, the newly purchased engine had been misplaced during shipping. Walt Disney called his friend Marsh, who promptly found and rerouted the lost engine, personally expediting it to its proper destination in California.
Roger Broggie, head of the Disney Studios Machine Shop in Bubank, had supervised the construction of the C.K. Holliday & the E.P. Ripley, as well as the restoration of the Fred Gurley. During the $57,000 resotration, Broggie, Ward Kimball and Bob Gurr completely remodeled the engine's profile.