Plaza Street - Main Street USA: For many guests, the trip to Disneyland isn't complete without one of the Red Wagon's corn dogs. Located next to the Plaza Inn Restaurant on Plaza Street, the concession stand also acts as a reminder of the original Red Wagon Inn.
When Disneyland opened in 1955, many of the attractions, shops and restaurants featured corporate sponsorship. The Red Wagon Inn was sponsored by Swift Premium Foods, also known as Swift & Company. The name Red Wagon Inn came from the Swift & Company official logo, a red horse-drawn wagon. For years, The Red Wagon Inn was the only Disneyland Park restaurant that served full-course meals, which of course, featured Swift's Premium Meats. When Swift's Red Wagon Inn closed, the site became a cafeteria, offices and a sponsor's hospitality center. After some Re-Imagineering, Disneyland remodeled the site and opened the Plaza Inn Restaurant in July of 1965.
Note: Swift & Company also sponsored Main Street's Market House and the Chicken Plantation House in Frontierland. Swift's official Disneyland sponsorships ended in 1962, when the Chicken Plantation was closed to make room for New Orleans Square.