This day in history 1934 -- Donald Duck makes his big screen debut in Walt Disney's 45th Silly Symphony cartoon The Wise Little Hen.
Throughout Donald's history he has been given three different birth dates. According to the Disney canon Donald's official birthday is June 9, 1934 (the day he debuted in The Wise Little Hen). In The Three Caballeros (1944) his birthday is "Friday the 13th" and the reason for all his bad luck. In Donald's Happy Birthday short (1949) his birthday is given as March 13.
A few Donald Duck fun facts:
- Donald Duck's full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck.
- Donald was first mentioned in the Disney storybook The Adventures of Mickey Mouse by David McKay Company, dated 1931.
- Donald Duck is the mascot of the University of Oregon (through agreement with Disney).
- Donald's voice has only been performed by two people -- Clarence "Ducky" Nash until 1983, and Tony Anselmo (trained by Nash) 1985 to present.
- Donald Duck has his web prints at Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA and a star on the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame.