As most Disney fans know, the Princess and the Frog was released on Disney DVD and Blu-ray, Tuesday, March 16th. It's also offered in a three disc Blu-ray/DVD/digital copy combo - available at Amazon!
Since Easter is just around the corner we thought we'd share some "Easter Eggs" or hidden secrets in the movie with you!
- A bit after the movie begins (while the title song "Down in New Orleans" is playing), look for the Magic Carpet from Aladdin being shaken out on a balcony.
- As Mama Odie is digging through some objects (while singing "Dig a Little Deeper") the magic lamp from Aladdin is one of the items tossed aside.
- During the Mardi Gras parade scene, look for a float with a head that looks like King Triton from The Little Mermaid.
- Riding on the King Triton Mardi Gras parade float are caricatured versions of John Musker and Ron Clements, the directors of Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and The Princess and the Frog.
- Towards the end of the movie, the jazz band Louis is playing with at Tiana's restaurant is named "The Firefly Five plus Lou." This is a nod to the "Firehouse Five Plus Two" ragtime band from the 40's and 50's made up of Disney Animation employees -- including Disney Legends Harper Goff, Ward Kimball and Frank Thomas! Though most of the original members have passed, the band is still active and continues to play at Disneyland.
And finally here is a picture of Louis with swap grass on his head. A pose that pays homage to the marvelous Madame Mim from The Sword in the Stone!
If you've found any other secrets in this film please feel free to share them in the comments below! ºoº