ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 25, 2008 — Disney's California Food and Wine Festival presents the magic of cooking and the artistry of fine wine at the Disneyland Resort this spring, part of the Resort's celebration of the “Year of a Million Dreams.”
Now in its third year, Disney's California Food and Wine Festival will be held April 11 through May 5, 2008, with daily complimentary demonstrations and premiere ticketed events. The four-week festival will include the popular "Taste of California" Marketplace at Disney's California Adventure park, along with exclusive cooking courses at the Napa Rose restaurant and expert wine instruction from a master sommelier.
Nearly 100 Disneyland Resort chefs will present cooking demonstrations and guests can learn more about their favorite beverages at the wine, beer and spirit tasting programs held throughout the festival. Culinary demonstrations and seminars are included with admission to Disney's California Adventure park. Guests can also experience a dash of magic at these Disney's California Food and Wine Festival events:
- Master Sommelier Michael Jordan, of the award-winning Napa Rose restaurant, will share his passion for wine in the “Taste Wine Like an Expert” class that introduces guests to the joys of wine tasting. For a fee and with advanced registration, each class will offer a basic training in the different types, varietals and blends, taste, structure, and characteristics found in wine servings.
- “Festival Wine Receptions” will offer guests an opportunity to enjoy a beautiful sunset and evening under the stars on the patio of the Golden Vine Winery inside Disney’s California Adventure. While sampling from a variety of selected wines and enjoying hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, guests will also be treated to a sparkling way to end the evening – a special viewing of Disney’s Electrical Parade.
- Disneyland Resort chefs will partner with premiere California Winemakers to prepare outstanding culinary delights at the exclusive “Winemaker Dinners.” Each chef will prepare a Festival meal and pair it with award-winning vintages.
- Executive Chef Andrew Sutton will lead the hands-on “Napa Rose Cooking School.” Each class will create a themed meal paired with wines, and at the conclusion of the course, each guest will receive a Napa Rose Cooking School chef coat to commemorate the experience. Tickets for the cooking school and other signature events are limited and go on sale beginning Feb. 15, at www.disneyland.com/foodandwine.
- At the “Taste of California Marketplace,” guests will enjoy festival foods created especially for the event. Delicious tapas-sized tastings, along with expertly paired wines and beers, will be available in the Pacific Wharf area.
- The new “Sparkling Bar,” located in the upper terrace of Golden Vine Winery, will feature champagne and sparkling wines by the glass, paired with wine country tapas.
- The Festival’s grand finale, “Taste – Food, Wine, Life,” will be held Saturday, May 3, offering guests a delicious celebration of the culinary talents of numerous chefs. “Taste” will also feature specially selected beer, wine, and spirits, along with entertainment throughout the evening.
Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival is part of Disneyland Resort’s “Year of a Million Dreams” celebration. The Resort features two theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney’s California Adventure park – plus the Downtown Disney District comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s three guest-welcoming hotels are the luxurious 745-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the magical 988-room Disneyland Hotel and the “day-at-the-beach” fun of the 489-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. For information on new attractions, the Year of a Million Dreams celebration and vacations at Disneyland Resort, visit www.disneyland.com, call 866-60-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. For more information about Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival, visit www.disneyland.com/foodandwine.
I found this same article on several Disney related websites. If you know the original source please let me know so I can give proper credit. Thank you! ºoº