Disney's Halloween Time returns to the resort bigger and better than ever! Enjoy old favorites such as the Haunted Mansion Holiday, Woody's Halloween Roundup, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Golden Screams Theater. And new this year is Candy Corn Acres in Disney's California Adventure Park! From Sunshine Plaza to Bountiful Valley Farms this colorful treat has taken over (look out Heimlich)!
Here are a few Frighteningly Fun Facts about Disney's Halloween Time [from Disneyland Backstage Pass, Fall 2007]:
- "Pumpkin Mickey" on Main Street stands 14'-16" tall (including pedestal).
- More than 5000 mini pumpkins make up the floral Mickey in front of the Main Street Train Station.
- There are more than 3000 unique pumpkins in the Main Street windows (only 15 jack-o-lanterns on Main Street are identical).
[Note from editor: Can you find the pumpkins that have Sleeping Beauty's castle carved on them?]
- Sunshine Plaza in Disney's California Adventure Park includes oversized pumpkins that were molded from real pumpkins, as well as more than 100 artificial sunflowers.
- The outside of Haunted Mansion Holiday features more than 300 candles, over 75 lighted jack-o-lanterns, 7,000 sq. ft. of snow in the graveyard and 1,000 orange lights in the trees.
- Amazingly, 90% of the Haunted Masion Holiday decorations can actually be stored within the attration when not being used.
Disney's Halloween Time is only here from September 21 - October 31! Don't miss it!